Old Lady stops robbery at Jewellers Northampton

Old Lady stops robbery at Jewellers Northampton

Post by Scouser_Dave on Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:58 pm

A 72 year old lady witnessed a robbery in action at a Jewellers in Northampton, United Kingdom.

As seen on video footage, the elderly lady runs down the street and starts swinging her handbag at the six robbers who in shock all take off. Her bravery then prompts others to rush over and try to restrain one of the robbers.

The pensioner said that "What concerned me was that too many people just stood around watching as if they were in shock and nobody was doing anything."

"I'm not a hero and it was maybe foolish of me to get involved but somebody had to do something.

"When I got closer to them I realised it was a robbery and then I was even more angry that they felt they could get away with what they were doing in broad daylight."

Staff eventually activated the security shutters. The whole incident was captured on video by a freelance cameraman, Ben Jacobson, who was filming a documentary nearby.

The woman added: "I was standing talking with a woman when I heard a commotion and I looked across and saw six young men on scooters. At first I thought one of them was being set upon by three others."

As one ran off she made a last ditch effort to grab him: "I clobbered him with my shopping but he got away.

Barton

Formerly known as: JMB_94

Re: Old Lady stops robbery at Jewellers Northampton

Post by Barton on Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:01 pm

I saw this on the news this morning.

The robbers were shite though, could've just pushed her over or something. One of them even fell off thier Moped whilst fleeing. Laughing

Mal

Post by Mal on Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:19 pm

Chu-Young Park's EPL career with Arsenal: 6 minutes, 4 touches of the ball. Gone but never forgotten.

Post by Scouser_Dave on Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:29 pm

Ah doh

Post by Guest on Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:30 pm

Quality.

Templeton7|RFC

Supports: The Most Successful Football Club In World History

Post by Templeton7|RFC on Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:57 pm

Saw this yesterday rofl

Post by Guest on Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:49 am

Who the fuck tries to rob a store in broad daylight with people walking and driving around?

SBSP

Post by SBSP on Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:27 am

ahlycotc wrote:Who the fuck tries to rob a store in broad daylight with people walking and driving around?
    The same people who get the crap kicked out of them by a granny.

Simonc89

Post by Simonc89 on Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:04 am

Looks like the worst robbery attempt i've ever seen in my life. Has the look of a few chavs pulling up on mopeds to rob a few beers from a corner shop.

Templeton7|RFC

Post by Templeton7|RFC on Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:21 am

Simonc89 wrote:Looks like the worst robbery attempt i've ever seen in my life. Has the look of a few chavs pulling up on mopeds to rob a few beers from a corner shop.

Laughing

Mal

Post by Mal on Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:59 am

My old friends (proud to say they're not my friends anymore) do shit like that. Neutral

Chu-Young Park's EPL career with Arsenal: 6 minutes, 4 touches of the ball. Gone but never forgotten.

Templeton7|RFC

Post by Templeton7|RFC on Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:00 am

Mal wrote:My old friends (proud to say they're not my friends anymore) do shit like that. Neutral

Well done Mal, you were the bigger man and you walked away from them clap

Cornholio

Post by Cornholio on Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:11 pm

ahlycotc wrote:Who the fuck tries to rob a store in broad daylight with people walking and driving around?

It's a jewelery store. When it's not broad daylight the shutter will be down. It's pretty much the only way to do it, unless you're gonna hold up the place, but then you're looking at threatening staff with weapons. Bigger sentence.

If that old lady hadn't of got involved nobody would have dared go near them and they would have been away. It may look stupid but in broad daylight you've got more traffic on the roads, police have a bigger response time. Mopeds can take alleyways and that and there's a bigger chance of the police not catching up with them.

Post by Guest on Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:45 pm

Its obviously Audley Harrison and some of his mates.

Current date/time is Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:20 pm