Official Arsenal FC Thread

    Share

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Official Arsenal FC Thread

    Post by Guest on Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:26 pm

    Paulinho wrote:Robin had his back to Cuellar the whole time, not sure how intentional it could have been
    Yeah I don't think they should ban him but you never know with the FA.


    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Official Arsenal FC Thread

    Post by Guest on Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:30 pm

    I could laugh at these all day. Laughing.

    Arshavin. Love

    Spoiler:



    Gegilworld93
     
     

    Posts: 10414
    Age: 20
    Location: Winterthur, Switzerland
    Supports: Arsenal FC, FC Winterthur

    Re: Official Arsenal FC Thread

    Post by Gegilworld93 on Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:37 pm

    RVP was aware that Cuellar was behind him but just backed into him, nothing intentional, he shouldn't get banned.

    Mal
     
     

    Posts: 31033
    Age: 24

    Re: Official Arsenal FC Thread

    Post by Mal on Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:38 pm

    According to a Dortmund paper we're signing Thomas Eisfeld from Borrusia Dortmund's under 19's. He's scored 6 goals in 12 u-19 appearances this season.

    He's in London now.


    _________________
    --


    Chu-Young Park's EPL career with Arsenal: 6 minutes, 4 touches of the ball. Gone but never forgotten.

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Official Arsenal FC Thread

    Post by Guest on Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:40 pm

    Great another kid, just what we need.

    Laurencio
     
     

    Posts: 8730
    Age: 25
    Location: La Paz, Bolivia
    Supports: Rosenborg, ManUtd

    Re: Official Arsenal FC Thread

    Post by Laurencio on Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:43 pm

    It's not like Wenger's "kids" don't perform. They just leave when they are getting close to their best that's all.

    Mal
     
     

    Posts: 31033
    Age: 24

    Re: Official Arsenal FC Thread

    Post by Mal on Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:43 pm

    Bet you said that about Chamberlain.


    _________________
    --


    Chu-Young Park's EPL career with Arsenal: 6 minutes, 4 touches of the ball. Gone but never forgotten.

    Laurencio
     
     

    Posts: 8730
    Age: 25
    Location: La Paz, Bolivia
    Supports: Rosenborg, ManUtd

    Re: Official Arsenal FC Thread

    Post by Laurencio on Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:49 pm

    A team of Wenger's "kids", since joing Arsenal:

    Scheczney

    Sagna -- Touré -- Veermalen -- Ashley Cole

    Lassana Diarra/Song

    Cesc Fabregas -- Samir Nasri

    Reyes ------------------------ Van Persie

    Adebayor

    That's a premiership winning team.

    Paulinho
     
     

    Formerly known as: psyroukis
    Posts: 4149
    Age: 21
    Location: Melbourne
    Supports: Arsenal

    Re: Official Arsenal FC Thread

    Post by Paulinho on Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:50 pm

    That is such a fucking crazy team

    Laurencio
     
     

    Posts: 8730
    Age: 25
    Location: La Paz, Bolivia
    Supports: Rosenborg, ManUtd

    Re: Official Arsenal FC Thread

    Post by Laurencio on Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:51 pm

    Paulinho wrote:That is such a fucking crazy team

    In what way shifty

    drivescore
     
     

    Posts: 1336
    Age: 19
    Location: Toronto
    Supports: Arsenal FC, FC Bayern Munich, Liverpool FC

    Re: Official Arsenal FC Thread

    Post by drivescore on Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:53 pm

    Mal wrote:According to a Dortmund paper we're signing Thomas Eisfeld from Borrusia Dortmund's under 19's. He's scored 6 goals in 12 u-19 appearances this season.

    He's in London now.

    Great news.

    Paulinho
     
     

    Formerly known as: psyroukis
    Posts: 4149
    Age: 21
    Location: Melbourne
    Supports: Arsenal

    Re: Official Arsenal FC Thread

    Post by Paulinho on Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:55 pm

    Laurencio wrote:
    Paulinho wrote:That is such a fucking crazy team

    In what way

    The players who have left us

    Laurencio
     
     

    Posts: 8730
    Age: 25
    Location: La Paz, Bolivia
    Supports: Rosenborg, ManUtd

    Re: Official Arsenal FC Thread

    Post by Laurencio on Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:00 pm

    Paulinho wrote:
    Laurencio wrote:

    In what way

    The players who have left us

    Indeed. That front 3 is quite phenomenal, add to that a bench consisting of Flamini, Anelka, Clichy, Hleb etc.. and you've got quite the squad. A little short on cover on the right though.

    Sean
     
     

    Posts: 33512
    Age: 20

    Re: Official Arsenal FC Thread

    Post by Sean on Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:01 pm

    Walcott and Ox cover on the right

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Official Arsenal FC Thread

    Post by Guest on Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:01 pm

    Laurencio wrote:A team of Wenger's "kids", since joing Arsenal:

    Scheczney

    Sagna -- Touré -- Veermalen -- Ashley Cole

    Lassana Diarra/Song

    Cesc Fabregas -- Samir Nasri

    Reyes ------------------------ Van Persie

    Adebayor

    That's a premiership winning team.
    Great team, Vermaelen was 24 when he joined though.

    It's shit too see all the good players that have left Cry.

    Laurencio
     
     

    Posts: 8730
    Age: 25
    Location: La Paz, Bolivia
    Supports: Rosenborg, ManUtd

    Re: Official Arsenal FC Thread

    Post by Laurencio on Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:02 pm

    Splashy wrote:
    Laurencio wrote:A team of Wenger's "kids", since joing Arsenal:

    Scheczney

    Sagna -- Touré -- Veermalen -- Ashley Cole

    Lassana Diarra/Song

    Cesc Fabregas -- Samir Nasri

    Reyes ------------------------ Van Persie

    Adebayor

    That's a premiership winning team.
    Great team, Vermaelen was 25 when he joined though.

    It's shit too see all the good players that have left Cry.

    True, but he is still at the club so I figure he counts. If not replace him with Koschileny. Not a significant weakness really.

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Official Arsenal FC Thread

    Post by Guest on Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:04 pm

    I meant 24 anyway but yes I would probably still count him.

    Cesc is definitely the player I miss the most. Cry

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Official Arsenal FC Thread

    Post by Guest on Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:14 pm

    No harm in getting youngsters in, the problem is he doesn't get players that can go straight into the 1st team to improve it.

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Official Arsenal FC Thread

    Post by Guest on Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:15 pm

    Laurencio wrote:Koschileny.
    What the fuck is that.

    Laurencio
     
     

    Posts: 8730
    Age: 25
    Location: La Paz, Bolivia
    Supports: Rosenborg, ManUtd

    Re: Official Arsenal FC Thread

    Post by Laurencio on Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:15 pm

    COYS wrote:No harm in getting youngsters in, the problem is he doesn't get players that can go straight into the 1st team to improve it.

    Problem is they leave when they are good enough in my opinion. Arsene constantly gets screwed over. He remains fiercly loyal to the youngsters, and the second they close in on their potential they leave him.

    Laurencio
     
     

    Posts: 8730
    Age: 25
    Location: La Paz, Bolivia
    Supports: Rosenborg, ManUtd

    Re: Official Arsenal FC Thread

    Post by Laurencio on Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:15 pm

    kyro7 wrote:
    Laurencio wrote:Koschileny.
    What the fuck is that.

    My attempt at spelling Koscielny.

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Official Arsenal FC Thread

    Post by Guest on Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:16 pm

    Laurencio wrote:
    COYS wrote:No harm in getting youngsters in, the problem is he doesn't get players that can go straight into the 1st team to improve it.

    Problem is they leave when they are good enough in my opinion. Arsene constantly gets screwed over. He remains fiercly loyal to the youngsters, and the second they close in on their potential they leave him.

    Yeah but when you're surrounded by shit like Denilson you're not going to stick around shifty

    Paulinho
     
     

    Formerly known as: psyroukis
    Posts: 4149
    Age: 21
    Location: Melbourne
    Supports: Arsenal

    Re: Official Arsenal FC Thread

    Post by Paulinho on Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:17 pm

    In a sense it's the only way Arsenal can get some quality players. We aren't poor, but aren't rich, so we have to buy cheap young players, if they blossom they blossom. If we were looking to buy them after they had developed to their potential, we would rarely be able to afford them.

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Official Arsenal FC Thread

    Post by Guest on Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:19 pm

    We're the English gateway club, I hate it but it's true.

    It's the boards/managers fault for having no ambition and refusing to spent the money we get from sales (with the exception of this year). Mad

    Paulinho
     
     

    Formerly known as: psyroukis
    Posts: 4149
    Age: 21
    Location: Melbourne
    Supports: Arsenal

    Re: Official Arsenal FC Thread

    Post by Paulinho on Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:20 pm

    That's why as much as I want to believe it, I can't imagine us buying a player like Hazard

    Laurencio
     
     

    Posts: 8730
    Age: 25
    Location: La Paz, Bolivia
    Supports: Rosenborg, ManUtd

    Re: Official Arsenal FC Thread

    Post by Laurencio on Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:22 pm

    £25M for the second or third most exciting playmaking talent in the world isn't exactly a bad deal.

    Paulinho
     
     

    Formerly known as: psyroukis
    Posts: 4149
    Age: 21
    Location: Melbourne
    Supports: Arsenal

    Re: Official Arsenal FC Thread

    Post by Paulinho on Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:23 pm

    Yeah but Lille want somewhere near 40mil for him. Which is a fair price for by far one of the most exciting talents on the planet.

    If we can get him for 25mil it will be amazing

    Until someone breaks his leg

    Laurencio
     
     

    Posts: 8730
    Age: 25
    Location: La Paz, Bolivia
    Supports: Rosenborg, ManUtd

    Re: Official Arsenal FC Thread

    Post by Laurencio on Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:26 pm

    Paulinho wrote:Yeah but Lille want somewhere near 40mil for him. Which is a fair price for by far one of the most exciting talents on the planet.

    If we can get him for 25mil it will be amazing

    Until someone breaks his leg

    Lille's president mentioned that they were willing to let him go for €25M in this window, but that they would prefer to keep him until the next one. So I imagine he will go somewhere for 25M in the summer. Which would frankly be a bit of a steal.

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Official Arsenal FC Thread

    Post by Guest on Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:39 pm

    Thomas Eisfeld has signed for you lot (Or about too).

    Cost 500,000 Euros. Not sure about the add ons ect ...

    Sounds like a decent 19 year old attacking midfielders anyway.

    Paulinho
     
     

    Formerly known as: psyroukis
    Posts: 4149
    Age: 21
    Location: Melbourne
    Supports: Arsenal

    Re: Official Arsenal FC Thread

    Post by Paulinho on Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:42 pm

    Laurencio wrote:
    Paulinho wrote:Yeah but Lille want somewhere near 40mil for him. Which is a fair price for by far one of the most exciting talents on the planet.

    If we can get him for 25mil it will be amazing

    Until someone breaks his leg

    Lille's president mentioned that they were willing to let him go for €25M in this window, but that they would prefer to keep him until the next one. So I imagine he will go somewhere for 25M in the summer. Which would frankly be a bit of a steal.

    Can only hope, which is a dangerous thing when supporting Arsenal (when it comes to transfers) Laughing

      Current date/time is Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:36 pm